Advaces of the project updated in 15/03/2013
Next advances had been completed:
- Determination of the framework of this LIFE+ initiative: It was done gathering together technical information regarding the current state of technology for the major components (passive cooling units, delivery vehicles), with the predictions of future developments in terms of performance efficiency and environmental compatibility with the urban environment.
- Contacts made with suppliers of technology, aiming at dressing a detailed review of components (hardware/software) and tools to be developed according to the schedule provided in the project proposal.
- Preliminary engineering design activities completed. They had been focused on the solutions to be implemented and the definition of the DEMO SYSTEM "prototype" that will be installed on the vehicle.
- Ground control station and a first approach to the functionality of the "style guide" form (with the possibility to insert optimized routes of delivery of merchandises aimed at energy saving) have been defined.
- Implementation of DEMO SYSTEM Central board and ground operations, with the functionality defined, after which laboratory were performed and the preparation of the car was done at Enea Casaccia.
- Experimental campaign completed: 2 companies have made deliveries of perishable and refrigerated products in Rome with excellent results in terms of costs and energy reduction. Tests were done during 4 months, with 80 missions and 8.000 km travelled with the innovative vehicle.
- Evaluation of performance – Data collections, reports: Published documents with the results, figures, technical data and pictures of the experimental road tests and all technical activities “TEST ON FIELD AND DEMONSTRATION RUNNING”.
Next update: June 2013